Agriturismo Il Pozzo
Apartment Malva - 2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
This apartment is found on the first floor of the largest house, it is one of my favourites just for its atmosphere, as it is for many of our loyal clients, who come back year after year. As soon as you step into the apartment you notice five interesting features:
- An original farming inlay on the inside of the apartment made from old threshold stone.
- The armchair and small sofa are original pieces from the 60’s, both in a soft light blue and white colour.
- A special piece of furniture used for storage in light blue and white, dating back to the 50’s, which was found in an old peasant’s cottage. We were struck by its unusual shape….’what wonderful things our peasantry invented back in the day!
- The fireplace is complimented by a collection of original aluminium utensils among which, milk cans, used for milking in the mountains by the peasantry families, and belonged to a very dear friend of mine
– there is also a breath taking view.
- In the living space there is a retractable cooking area, amongst many of our pieces designed by my Father, where you can find all the necessities such as a fridge, dish washer etc…. To the right there is a beautiful bright double bedroom with two windows…which have a view overlooking the woods and the valley….’spoilt by choice!’ As you come out of the double bedroom there is a bathroom, and on the opposite side of the living area another bedroom, which has two brass beds once belonging to me and my sister that used to be in our bedroom. Every morning my elder sister would always do something to spite me….now these are all very fond memories! The main entrance is through the large terrace with the pergola of hanging vines, which adjoins it and is shared by MENTA (The Apartment for two). Here there is the table and two chairs for the MALVA apartment, and a small but comfortable outside sofa, which is positioned under the most beautiful and productive fig tree we have….also with a view!
*PERENNIAL OR ANNUAL AROMATIC HERB, the flowers from this plant come in different shades of blue and violet. The leaves are mainly used as digestive tea infusions.